Katie represents businesses and business owners in a variety of matters, including entity selection, formation and governance, shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, and contract negotiation, drafting, and interpretation. Katie also assists individuals in estate and succession planning, business succession planning and other legal matters.
The Business Entity Harmonization Act in 30 Seconds or Less
- As many of our readers are aware, effective January 1, 2018 (less than ten (10) days away), Indiana Senate Bill 443, known as the “Business Entity Harmonization Act,” will become law.  The Act includes significant changes to Indiana’s current business entity laws, many of which have been substantially unchanged since the 1990s. READ MORE
Is an Indiana Series LLC Right For My Next Business?
- On January 1, 2017, Indiana joined thirteen (13) other states in recognizing series limited liability companies (“Series LLCs”). Series LLCs were first introduced by the state of Delaware in 1996. Now authorized by Indiana Code § 23-18.1 et seq. (“Indiana Series Statute”), this Article explains what you need to know about Indiana Series LLCs and their unique limited liability protections. READ MORE
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Science in Human and Organizational Development (2009)
- Vanderbilt University, Master of Education in Organizational Leadership (2010)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2015)
- Indiana (2015)
- US District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana (2015)