Sharon L. Buechler concentrates her practice in civil and business litigation, representing clients in all stages of the litigation process. Sharon is also a trained mediator and uniquely qualified to assist her clients in the negotiation process.
Sharon’s practice includes representing local, regional, and national clients of various sizes and industries in the areas of negligence, premises liability, wrongful death, commercial collection and worker’s compensation. In addition, a large part of Sharon’s practice includes representing hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinics and other healthcare providers in defense of medical negligence claims.
Prior to law school, Sharon was a nuclear medical technologist at the Veterans Administration Indianapolis Hospital.
- Boy Scouts of America Indiana
- Merit Badge Counselor (2013 – present)
- Great North Run, Committee Member (2011 – present)
- North Central High School Cross-Country, Committee Member (2013 – present)
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Wellness Committee Member (2011 – present)
- Columnist Indiana Lawyer and Res Gestae
Living Fit: Sharon’s top 5 for getting and staying in shape, The Indiana Lawyer (July 2016)
- We’ve all been there: weary of the shape our bodies have morphed into over the years, longing for the energy we had in high school, and dreading what we’ve turned into and wishing we could have a do-over. We want to make changes. We think about it. We put it off. We think about it more. We finally get serious about it, serious enough to make forward motion. We have great intentions but often go overboard, set too many lofty goals, fall short, quit, and feel defeated. Does this cycle sound familiar? READ MORE
Living Fit: Could you be diabetic and not know it?, The Indiana Lawyer (April 2016)
- Is it possible to be diabetic and not know it? Yes! Type 2 diabetes cases have quadrupled in the past three decades, largely (pun intended) due to our lifestyle choices. Most legal professionals are too busy to schedule an annual physical or have routine blood work performed. READ MORE
Living Fit: Sitting is killing you, so get moving, The Indiana Lawyer (October 2014)
- How is a chair like a cigarette? They can both kill us. No joke. We all know cigarettes are bad for our health and can lead to premature death, but chairs? They are so inviting; in fact, they invite us to sit in them everywhere we go … every room of the house (including the bathroom), the porch, office, car, bus, airplane, theater, park, restaurant, airport, friends’ homes, school, courtroom, doctor’s office. READ MORE
Living Fit: Aerobic exercise or resistance exercise?, The Indiana Lawyer (January 2014)
- When we are born, our muscles grow larger and get stronger each year until we reach our 30s, at which time muscle mass and function naturally begin to deteriorate. This is known as age-related sarcopenia. All people are affected by this condition, even those who remain physically active, but they are affected to a lesser degree than the sedentary folks. READ MORE
Living Fit: Get ready for summer, The Indiana Lawyer (April 2013)
- Our winter was harsh and everlasting. We experienced snow and ice, an overabundance of clouds and below normal temperatures. As a result, many of us were sedentary, gained weight, alienated ourselves from the outside social world of friends, allowed our January good intentions of daily exercise to be smothered by frost, and sought comfort in the world of pasta, bread and sweets during our times of stress and winter blues. READ MORE
Beyond the Office
Sharon is passionate about the importance of health and wellness, both for her family and colleagues. She enjoys participating in sports and pushing herself to the limit. She has ridden her bike across the State of Indiana, climbed 14,000 foot peaks in Colorado, and hiked the north rim to the south rim of the Grand Canyon. She also enjoys swimming, gardening and spending time with her son.
Indianapolis Bar Association
- Committee Member Fit to Practice (2013 – present)
American Bar Association
- Healthcare Liability and Litigation Section
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (1991)
Indiana Civil Mediator Training, Registered Indiana Civil Mediator (2016)
Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, B.S. Nuclear Medicine (1985)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (1991)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (1991)