Drake T. Land
Drake T. Land is a litigator practicing in multiple substantive areas. Drake represents employers in defense of employment-related and worker’s compensation claims brought before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Drake also represents a variety of healthcare providers in the defense of medical malpractice claims and medical licensing complaints, and counsels businesses with litigation matters.
Prior to joining Riley Bennett Egloff, Drake served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of Indiana, where he prosecuted medical licensing actions before the State Board of Pharmacy, Medical Licensing Board, and State Board of Nursing. While serving as a Deputy Attorney General, he reviewed and prosecuted over one hundred medical licensing cases in all stages of administrative review. Additionally, Drake pursued civil recovery of Medicaid overpayments under the Indiana False Claims Act.
24 Foundation, Board of Managers (2018)
- 24 Foundation is back for a eighth year in Indiana to host 24 Indianapolis! Our event will be held at Butler University and the 2.7-mile loop runs through Butler Tarkington Neighborhood. The event hosts over 400 riders and 200 walkers, who will raise funds for the IU Health Simon Cancer Center and Franciscan Health Cancer Center Indianapolis.
Probation is one of the most common disciplinary measures that professional licensing boards and commissions may take...
For the past ten months, the world has dealt with the reality of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). At the time of...
All professional licensees must regularly renew their license with the state board governing their profession....
When the State of Indiana files an Administrative Complaint against the holder of a professional license, the Board...
Additional changes to the Worker’s Compensation Act of Indiana (the “Act”) are coming on January 1, 2019. Two new...
When someone’s license is the subject of a Consumer Complaint filed with the Office of the Indiana Attorney General...
Changes to the Worker’s Compensation Act of Indiana (the “Act”) are coming on July 1, 2018. Often, this is the date...
In extreme circumstances, the boards and committees regulating licensed medical and healthcare professionals may...
The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (“IPLA”) regulates 40 licensed professions in the State of Indiana,...
Business owners increasingly store employee and consumer personal data in a digital format. This development holds...
Beyond the Office
Drake and his wife, Amanda, are parents to three children. On weekends, the group can frequently be found enjoying the Zoo or the Children’s Museum.
Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020 – Present)
- Each year, Super Lawyers recognizes the top lawyers in Indiana via a patented multiphase selection process involving peer nomination, independent research and peer evaluation. The Indiana lawyers who receive the highest point totals during this selection process are further recognized in Indiana Super Lawyers Top Lists.
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel on Indiana
- Indiana (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (2015)
Worker’s Compensation Defense
Medical Malpractice Defense
Medical Licensing Defense
Insurance Defense / Insurance Coverage