Kevin assists businesses and their owners in several matters such as entity selection and organization, mergers and acquisitions, employment, succession planning, and general litigation matters. Kevin also assists in counseling clients in the construction industry, including owners, general contractors and subcontractors, in disputes involving claims for payment, delay, and design and construction defects, as well as mechanic’s liens. Kevin advises clients with a focus on client-driven solutions through an attention to detail and determination.
An alumni of Wabash College, Kevin organizes and participates in an annual “Wabash Day” event where current students, alumni, family, and friends of Wabash College conduct community service projects for local charities, philanthropic organizations, and not-for-profit associations. Projects take place throughout the state of Indiana once a year , with activities ranging from trash removal to painting youth center facilities to home building with Habitat for Humanity.
Publications & Presentations
The Rise of Sports Betting in Indiana and the Challenges it Faces, RBE Blog (2019)
- Upon the groundbreaking decision from the United States Supreme Court in Murphy v. Nat’l Collegiate Athletic Ass’n,[i] Indiana quickly mobilized to bring sports betting to the Hoosier state. This article provides an update to fellow Riley Bennett Egloff LLP associate Jaclyn Flint’s article titled: “You Can Bet on It: Sports Gambling Legislation in Indiana and Beyond” published on January 2, 2019 by examining the recent success and challenges that our State has experienced during its brief period of legalized sports gambling. READ ARTICLE
Planning Your Retirement Destination, RBE Blog (2017)
- The Baby Boomer generation is retiring at a high rate of nearly four million per year. Studies estimate the number of senior Americans age 65 and older grew from 35 million in 2000 to 41.4 million in 2011 and to an estimated 44.7 million in 2013. Although the majority of the heavy lifting for prospective retirees occurs while preparing, saving, and managing the financial aspect of a retirement plan, this generation of retirees – more than ever before – are contemplating where to actually spend their post-career lives. With the continuous development of technology and seamless, cross-country communications, retirees have become increasingly open to packing their bags for new locations to enjoy the fruits of their decades’ worth of savings. Yet, the experience of growing old can differ substantially between states. READ ARTICLE
Beyond the Office
Kevin participates in various outdoor activities such as hiking in National Parks throughout the United States and spending time with family at Adams Lake in northern Indiana and Lake Chapin in southern Michigan. Kevin is also an avid sports fan who enjoys playing flag-football, basketball, softball, and golf.
- Indiana Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Association of Wabash Men
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (2017)
- Wabash College, B.A. History (2014)
- Indiana (2017)
- Northern District of Indiana (2017)
- Southern District of Indiana (2017)