Tim Button's practice is focused on general corporate counseling including: contract drafting, asset purchases, employment and non-compete agreements, creditors' rights, stock acquisitions, commercial financing, commercial and residential real estate and land use matters, as well as the resolution of commercial disputes.
- Board of Directors, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law Alumni Association
- Manager, Broad Ripple Haverford Little League
- Coach, Indy Indoor Lacrosse
- Class Agent, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law Annual Fund
- Past Member of the Board of Directors, Meridian Street Foundation
- U.S.G.A., Access Control Committee Captain, 2009 U.S. Senior Open
Seminars | Presentations
- "The Mini MBA for Attorneys," National Business Institute (June 2018)
- "Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Sized Business," National Business Institute (December 8, 2014)
- “LLC’s in Indiana," National Business Institute (June 24, 2013)
- “LLC or Inc.? Entity Selection for a Small to Medium Sized Business,” National Business Institute (June 7, 2012)
Practice Area Experience
Real Estate, Land Use & Zoning
- Represented major hospital corporation before the Metropolitan Development Commission to secure zoning variances and approvals for multiple development projects across multiple hospital campuses.
- Negotiated and reviewed numerous commercial leases in multiple states for a leading provider of cell phone services.
Business & Corporate Law
- Counsel to numerous start-up business entites and emerging businesses, including one of the "Inc. 500" fastest growing private companies in the United States.
- Negotiated favorable settlements with client's former employees who violated their non-compete agreements.
Bankruptcy & Reorganization
- Counsel to multi-billion-dollar hedge fund on creditors rights matters including foreclosure proceedings, negotiation of forbearance agreements and restructuring of debtor obligations.
Rankings | Awards
- National Moot Court Team (National Security Law) (2004)
- Dean Normal Lefstein Award for Pro Bono Service, Indiana University School of Law -- Indianapolis
- Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2014)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Hamilton College, A.B. (1989)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- Indiana (2004)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana