Anthony R. Jost
Tony Jost represents clients in various aspects of business and civil litigation, including commercial, real estate, employment and complex tort litigation in federal and state court.
He counsels clients in commercial lease drafting, negotiation and enforcement, and real estate and business acquisition and financing. Tony further advises clients as to proper selection and formation of business entities, lender documentation, franchising, state and federal business regulatory matters and general contractual matters.
Tony represents creditors in all formal bankruptcy proceedings in federal court, provides workout answers and advice on behalf of creditors, prosecutes collection claims and defends creditors in various aspects, including but not limited to fraudulent conveyance and preference claims.
He provides answers, advice and advocacy in all aspects of business, commercial and litigation affairs with specific emphasis on the finance, health care, governmental, construction, transportation and telecommunications sectors.
Tony also served on the Firm’s Management Committee from 2013 to 2018.
- Boy Scouts of America – Chair, Risk Management Committee, Crossroads of America Council (1998-Present); Cubmaster Pack 504 (2007—Present); Executive Board (2020)
- Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 97 (2017-Present); Nominating Committee Hou Koda District (2010-Present)
- Vice Precinct Committeeman, Hendricks County (2017)
- Hulman Memorial Way Foundation – Board Member (2002-2012)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation – Board Member (2002-2007); Development Committee Chair
- St. Christopher Parish – Parishioner
- Attorney, Washington Township, Hendricks County
- Coach of numerous youth sports teams (football, baseball, and basketball) for St. Christopher Parish, St. Michael Parish, Avon Junior Athletic Association, and the YMCA
- Contributor to various charitable organizations and school programs
- Represented multiple multi-billion dollar creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Defended at trial a number of lawsuits against trucking companies for claims involving personal injury and property damage.
- Prosecuted large mechanic’s lien and breach of construction contract claims on behalf of general contractors, seeking payment for construction products and services.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of health care providers in pursuing payment under service provider agreements and other contracts.
- Represented banking clients in preparing and negotiating loan documents and service agreements and in prosecuting claims associated with breaches under those documents and agreements.
- Negotiated and drafted finance, transactional and organizational documents for various clients.
- On numerous occasions successfully defended and tried lawsuits in commercial, real estate, employment and complex litigation matters.
On March 27, 2020, President Trump signed into law The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES...
As the COVID-19 virus continues to spread rapidly, the attorneys at Riley Bennett Egloff LLP are working diligently to...
Creditor clients range from sophisticated lenders to part-time small businesses. However, no matter the size or...
Small business owners are often so busy working in their business that they neglect to work on their business. More...
Most small business owners know how to provide their service or product in a timely, cost‑efficient manner. They are...
Tony is a frequent speaker at seminars for clients regarding industry-specific issues in the law and its affects on the specific industry.
Awards & Recognition
Boy Scouts of America
- Crossroads of America Council Silver Beaver Award—2017; District Award of Merit—2011; Scouter’s Key Award—2014; Cubmaster, Pack 504 (2007—Present); Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 97 (2017—Present); Cubmaster of the Year, Hou Koda District—2015; Hou Koda District Golden Feather Award—2012
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Distinguished Life Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation (2017)
Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation (2006)
- Each year the Indianapolis Bar Foundation honors individuals for their dedication to the law by bestowing on them the designation of Distinguished Fellow. This small but select group is chosen by the Directors of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation to become Distinguished Fellows as a result of their significant contributions to the legal profession and to our community.
Eagle Scout—May 17, 1984
Delta Theta Phi. Notes Editor, Adelphia Law Journal
Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series Class XXX
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Hendricks County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association, House of Delegates
- House of Delegates, Hendricks County (2010—Present)
- Chair of Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Section (2015—2016)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Defense Research Institute
- Indiana Bankers Association
- Indiana Mortgage Bankers Association
- Illinois (1994)
- Indiana (1993)
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D. (1993)
- DePauw University, B.A., cum laude (1990)
Wholesale & Retail Sales
Business & Corporate Law
Business Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Business Entity Selection & Formation
Business Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Contract Disputes
Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
Construction Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Construction Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Child Custody & Visitation
Insurance Defense / Insurance Coverage
Arbitration / Mediation / Alternative Dispute
Land Use & Planning
Commercial Real Estate & Leasing
Residential Real Estate