Anthony R. Jost
Tony Jost represents clients in various aspects of business, and civil litigation, including commercial, real estate, employment, and complex tort litigation in both federal and state court.
He counsels clients in commercial lease drafting, negotiation and enforcement, and real estate and business acquisition and financing. Tony further advises clients as to proper selection and formation of business entities, lender documentation, franchising, state and federal business regulatory matters, and general contractual matters.
Tony represents creditors in all formal bankruptcy proceedings in federal court, provides workout answers and advice on behalf of creditors, prosecutes collection claims, and defends creditors in various aspects, including but not limited to fraudulent conveyance and preference claims.
He provides answers, advice and advocacy in all aspects of business, commercial and litigation affairs with specific emphasis on the finance, health care, governmental, construction, transportation, and telecommunications sectors.
Tony also served on the Firm’s Management Committee from 2013 to 2018.
- United Way’s Capital Projects Fund Initiative Committee
- Committee Member, Current
- Boy Scouts of America, Crossroads of America Council
- Chairman of Program, Current
- Chair, Risk Management Committee, 1998 – Present
- Nominating Committee Hou Koda District, 2010 – Present
- Executive Board, 2020
- Cubmaster Pack 504, 2007 – 2018
- Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 97, 2017 – Present
- Vice Precinct Committeeman, Hendricks County, 2017
- Hulman Memorial Way Foundation
- Board Member, 2002 – 2012
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Board Member, 2002 – 2007
- Development Committee Chair
- St. Christopher Parish, Parishioner
- Attorney, Washington Township, Hendricks County
- Coach of numerous youth sports teams (football, baseball, and basketball) for St. Christopher Parish, St. Michael Parish, Avon Junior Athletic Association, and the YMCA
- Contributor to various charitable organizations and school programs
- Represented multiple multi-billion dollar creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Defended at trial a number of lawsuits against trucking companies for claims involving personal injury and property damage.
- Prosecuted large mechanics lien and breach of construction contract claims on behalf of general contractors, seeking payment for construction products and services.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of health-care providers in pursuing payment under service provider agreements and other contracts.
- Represented banking clients in preparing and negotiating loan documents and service agreements and in prosecuting claims associated with breaches under those documents and agreements.
- Negotiated and drafted finance, transactional and organizational documents for various clients.
- Successfully defended and tried lawsuits in commercial, real estate, employment and complex litigation matters on numerous occasions.
Riley Bennett Egloff Announces 2024 Best Lawyers Honorees 20 RBE Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America...
Riley Bennett Egloff is proud to announce that eleven of its attorneys were named “Super Lawyers” and six others as...
RBE is pleased to announce that RBE attorneys Donald Smith & Eric Hylton were recognized by Best Lawyers as 2023...
Partner Tony Jost Elected Vice President of Program for the Crossroads of America Council on its Executive Committee.
Congratulations to RBE partner Tony Jost on being elected Vice President of Program for the Crossroads of America...
The Capital Projects Fund recently approved projects that are: Enabling Sycamore Rehabilitation Services to acquire...
On March 27, 2020, President Trump signed into law The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES...
As the COVID-19 virus continues to spread rapidly, the attorneys at Riley Bennett Egloff LLP are working diligently to...
Creditor clients range from sophisticated lenders to part-time small businesses. However, no matter the size or...
Small business owners are often so busy working in their business that they neglect to work on their business. More...
Most small business owners know how to provide their service or product in a timely, cost‑efficient manner. They are...
Tony is a frequent speaker at seminars for clients regarding industry-specific issues in the law and its affects on the specific industry.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022 – present
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Boy Scouts of America
- Crossroads of America Council Silver Beaver Award, 2017
- District Award of Merit, 2011
- Scouter’s Key Award, 2014
- Cubmaster of the Year, Hou Koda District, 2015
- Hou Koda District Golden Feather Award, 2012
- Indiana Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2021, 2023
- Business Litigation
- Bankruptcy, Business and Corporate
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Distinguished Life Fellow, 2017
- Distinguished Fellow, 2006
- Eagle Scout, May 17, 1984
- Delta Theta Phi. Notes Editor, Adelphia Law Journal
- Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series Class XXX
Wholesale & Retail Sales
Business & Corporate Law
Business Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Business Entity Selection & Formation
Business Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Contract Disputes
Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
Construction Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Construction Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Child Custody & Visitation
Insurance Defense / Insurance Coverage
Arbitration / Mediation / Alternative Dispute
Land Use & Planning
Commercial Real Estate & Leasing
Residential Real Estate
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Hendricks County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Indiana Bankers Association
- Indiana Mortgage Bankers Association
- Indiana State Bar Association, House of Delegates
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Bar and Court Admissions
- Indiana, 1993
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, JD, 1993
DePauw University, BA, cum laude, 1990