Blair R. Vandivier
- Community Activity
- Representative Matters
- Publications & Presentations
- Beyond the Office
- Awards & Recognition
Blair Vandivier is a business lawyer who is also the owner and operator of successful small and mid sized businesses. In addition to operating these businesses, Blair also serves as outside counsel to a number of similarly sized entities. Blair brings a unique perspective to the role of the lawyer as a result of spending a significant amount of his time in the shoes of the business owner and manager. Blair provides general business counsel to his clients in the manufacturing, service and construction industries on such issues as the choice and formation of the entity, relationships of the equity owners, financing the growth and maintenance of the enterprise, acquisition and divestiture, real estate sales and leasing, as well as numerous related matters.
- 2012 BMW Golf Championship, Crooked Stick Golf Club, Access Control Committee Chair
- 2009 United States Senior Open Championship, Crooked Stick Golf Club, Access Control Committee Chair
- House Committee, Crooked Stick Golf Club
- Organizing Committee, 2009-2012 Butler University Basketball Tip Off Dinner
- Butler University Central Indiana Alumni Association, President, 2010-2012
- Assisted numerous secured lenders in the negotiation and closing of commercial lending transactions involving manufacturing, construction, commercial leasing and real estate matters.
- Assisted buyers and sellers of businesses in the manufacturing and services industries in the successful completion of transactions involving the transfer of ownership.
- Provided counsel on an ongoing basis to business managers and owners in the challenges associated with the day to day operation of their businesses.
Publications & Presentations
The Basics of Non-Disclosure Agreements in Commercial Transactions
- In its simplest form, “Confidential Information” is information considered “secret” and it is perceived that keeping it “secret” provides some advantage. The value of the secret is not relevant. In order to maintain the confidentiality and therefore the value of the information, disclosure of the confidential information should only be made to persons who are subject to obligations of confidentiality. Once “secret” information is shared with someone who does not have any obligation to protect its confidentiality, it is no longer secret. It is axiomatic that once released, the genie cannot be put back into the bottle. Accordingly, there are times when it is necessary to share confidential information with outsiders and protect the confidentiality of the information. The rules for sharing this information should be contained in a document that is usually referred to as a Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Agreement (the “NDA”).
Beyond the Office
Bryce enjoys staying physically active outdoors and interest in protecting nature and the physical beauty of his environment has motivated him to serve in leadership positions of both his local neighborhood associations.
- Fox Eagle Lake Association, Inc., Treasurer (2013-Present)
- Sylvan Beach Resort Company, Director, President (1999-2001)
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Estates
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana (1978)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (1978)
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals (1984)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1991)
- Numerous pro hac vice admissions in state and federal courts throughout the United States
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude (1981)
- Butler University, Administration and Economics (Dual Major) with Highest Honors in Economics, Magna Cum Laude (1978)B.S. Business
Business Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Business Entity Selection & Formation
Business Mergers & Acquisitions