Eric M. Hylton
Eric Hylton’s practice primarily involves representing employers and employees in labor and employment matters. His primary focus is on labor and employment issues affecting teachers throughout the State of Indiana. In addition, he represents both employers and employees in cases pending before State and Federal Courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Indiana Civil Rights Commission. Eric also advises employers and employees concerning various employment issues such as employee handbooks, employment agreements, covenants not to compete, wrongful termination, collective bargaining, labor arbitration, discrimination, harassment, wage and hour matters, unemployment compensation and workers compensation.
Nineteen RBE Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America 2023
RBE is pleased to announce that RBE attorneys Donald Smith & Eric Hylton were recognized by Best Lawyers as 2023...
How Indiana is Improving School Safety & Security
A recent story by WTHR indicated that there have been at least five incidents involving guns in schools in Indiana...
Who May Obtain a Protective Order?
What should you do if you are being harassed, threatened, intimidated or frightened by the actions of a parent, a...
Indiana’s Duty to Immediately Report Child Abuse
In Indiana, an individual who has reason to believe that a child is the victim of child abuse or neglect shall make an...
Frequent lecturer on Indiana Education Law issues.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America (2013-Present)
- Best Lawyers 2016 Education Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Indiana (2016)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Indiana (1997)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (1997)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (1997)
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business, B.S., Marketing and Management (1993)
Labor & Employment Law