Patrick S. McCarney
Patrick represents and advises clients in diverse substantive areas, including business entity selection and formation, contract drafting and disputes, municipal law, and general business litigation.
While attending the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Patrick served as an Articles Editor for the Indiana Law Review and his Note on crowdfunding rules was selected for publication. Patrick also assisted first-year law students with legal writing by serving as a Dean’s Tutorial Society Fellow. Patrick was named to the Order of Barristers in the Moot Court Program and was also a Semi-Finalist in the 2017 Honorable Robert H. Staton Moot Court Competition. In addition, Patrick completed a legal externship with Cummins Inc. where he gained experience in cross-border transactions and intellectual property, including trademarks and trade secrets. Concurrently with his final two years of law school, Patrick completed his M.B.A. from Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management.
Prior to completing law school, Patrick worked for many years in the performing arts and as a manufacturer’s representative for architectural and entertainment lighting products.
Riley Bennett Egloff Announces 2024 Best Lawyers Honorees 20 RBE Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America...
By Patrick S. McCarney - RBE Attorney The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) recently announced that it plans to ban...
By Patrick S. McCarney — RBE Attorney Business transactions come in all shapes and sizes. Buying or selling a...
For subcontractors that make improvements to real property, navigating the strict requirements of Indiana’s mechanic’s...
If you are a business owner, you may already know of recent changes to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles...
False Start: Carving a Niche for Established Small Business Participation in Regulation Crowdfunding Rules Designed for Startups, Indiana Law Review, 51 Ind. L. Rev. 277 (2018)
Awards & Recognition
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2019
- Chancellor’s Scholar — Awarded to the graduating student with the highest cumulative grade point average in each school at Indiana University Indianapolis
- Purdue University Krannert School of Management, 2019
- Krannert Scholar — Awarded to the top 5 percent of graduating students in each graduate cohort
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Bar and Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2019
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2020
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, JD, 2018, summa cum laude
- Corporate and Commercial Law Graduate Certificate
- Chancellor’s Scholar
- Purdue University Krannert School of Management, MBA, 2019, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Krannert Scholar
- Butler University, BA, Theatre and Political Science, 2007
- Departmental Honors in Theatre and Political Science
Business & Corporate Law