Patrick represents and advises clients in diverse substantive areas, including business entity selection and formation, contract drafting and disputes, municipal law, and general business litigation.
While attending the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Patrick served as an Articles Editor for the Indiana Law Review and his Note on crowdfunding rules was selected for publication. Patrick also assisted first-year law students with legal writing by serving as a Dean’s Tutorial Society Fellow. Patrick was named to the Order of Barristers in the Moot Court Program and was also a Semi-Finalist in the 2017 Honorable Robert H. Staton Moot Court Competition. In addition, Patrick completed a legal externship with Cummins Inc. where he gained experience in cross-border transactions and intellectual property, including trademarks and trade secrets. Concurrently with his final two years of law school, Patrick completed his M.B.A. from Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management.
Prior to completing law school, Patrick worked for many years in the performing arts and as a manufacturer’s representative for architectural and entertainment lighting products.
Publications & Presentations
The Hidden Legal Impact of New Rules for Lease Accounting, RBE Blog (January 2020)
- If you are a business owner, you may already know of recent changes to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) applicable to leases of personal property. The rule changes were originally to be effective for all businesses at the end of 2019, but currently only public companies must follow the new standards, with all other businesses set to follow no later than December 2020. READ ARTICLE
False Start: Carving a Niche for Established Small Business Participation in Regulation Crowdfunding Rules Designed for Startups, Indiana Law Review, 51 Ind. L. Rev. 277 (2018)
Awards & Recognition
Chancellor’s Scholar, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2019)
- Each year the graduating student with the highest cumulative grade point average in each school at IUPUI is recognized as a Chancellor’s Scholar.
Krannert Scholar, Purdue University Krannert School of Management (2019)
- Each year the top 5% of graduating students in each graduate cohort are recognized as Krannert Scholars.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (2018)
- Summa cum laude
- Corporate and Commercial Law Graduate Certificate
- IUPUI Chancellor’s Scholar
Purdue University Krannert School of Management, M.B.A. (2019)
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Krannert Scholar
Butler University, B.A. Theatre and Political Science (2007)
- Departmental Honors in Theatre and Political Science
- Indiana (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (2019)