Ryan Leitch represents businesses and business owners including in construction, manufacturing, retail, distributors, software and technology, sales and other service industries in a variety of matters, including entity selection and organization, shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, loan transactions, and general contractual matters. Ryan has substantial experience in representing lenders in large, complex creditors’ rights cases. Ryan also represents individuals in estate and succession planning, business succession planning including Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney and health care designations
and other legal matters.
Ryan served as the Firm’s Managing Partner from 2002 through 2010, and on the Firm's management committee 2011 - 2012.
Ryan has coached numerous youth sports team from 1996-2012, including football, lacrosse, baseball and soccer. Ryan has coached high school lacrosse (both varsity and junior varsity) for three seasons from 2013-2015.
Ryan has also volunteered for the Carmel Dads’ Club. His involvement includes coaching, League or sport Commissioner (5 years), Steering Committee Member (Lacrosse since 2010), and Board of Directors Member (6 years). The Carmel Dad’s Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality sports programs to the youth of Carmel and Clay Townships. Their goals have remained consistent for over 50 years -- They strive to offer a supportive atmosphere where young athletes have fun while gaining self-confidence and learning the values of teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership.
Ryan has served as a member of numerous boards and committees for various not-for-profit organizations, including neighborhood boards, and is also a contributor to various charitable organizations and school programs.
Beyond the Office
Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, coaching and mentoring youth, and playing golf.
Practice Area Experience
- Represented construction contractors in negotiating contracts, handling lien claims and resolving other construction-related disputes.
- Assisted numerous clients in the administration of trusts and the estate probate process.
- Assisted numerous clients with preparation of their wills and trusts, to accomplish their estate planning goals.
- Prepared numerous estate and business succession plans to assist clients in achieving their objectives, whether it be to pass their businesses on to their children or otherwise.
- Represented numerous business owners in the organization, formation, funding, sale, purchase or merger of their businesses and in the preparation of various types of business contracts and agreements.
- Served as lead counsel for a large hedge fund in a series of complex, multi-million-dollar business workouts and related business transactions.
- Recovered a total of approximately $100 million on behalf of a Fortune 500 client through the enforcement of a series of loan guarantees.
Rankings | Awards
Martindale-Hubbell - AV Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are the gold standard in attorney ratings, and have been for more than a century. Attorneys looking to refer a client, as well as individuals researching lawyers for their own legal needs, use these ratings to identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for their legal issue. Combined with the Martindale-Hubbell® Client Review Ratings,self-reported professional credentials and other fact-based performance data, a Peer Review Rating contributes to the comprehensive view of a lawyer and benefits the entire legal community.
Distinguished Fellow of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Each year the Indianapolis Bar Foundation honors individuals for their dedication to the law by bestowing on them the designation of Distinguished Fellow. This small but select group is chosen by the Directors of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation to become Distinguished Fellows as a result of their significant contributions to the legal profession and to our community.
Indiana Super Lawyers (2013-2016)
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science in Finance (1984)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (1987)
- Indiana (1987)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana