Sarah represents local, regional, and national companies in commercial litigation in Indiana and around the country. She represents clients in all stages of the litigation process, including trial, and has successfully defended claims for breach of contract, tortious interference with contractual and business relationships, alleged product defects, and premises liability.
Sarah concentrates her practice on commercial cases involving business torts and claims for breach of contract, but also often works with product manufacturers to defend claims. Sarah has a particular interest in structured negotiations and other strategies which may help clients avoid litigation. She regularly counsels clients regarding best practices to avoid litigation, including tips for negotiating and drafting their contracts.
Sarah’s undergraduate degree is from Indiana University–Bloomington and her J.D. is from the Robert H. McKinney School of Law: Indiana University. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana, the District of Columbia, and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Volunteer, Dress for Success
- The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Sarah has volunteered as a Personal Shopper as well as a mentor for women entering or re-entering the work force.
Executive Board, Young Lawyers Division of the Indianapolis Bar Association, (2010 – 2014)
- The purpose of the IndyBar Young Lawyers Division is to stimulate the interest of young lawyers and new members of the Indianapolis Bar Association in the objectives of the Association, to carry on activities which will be of assistance to those and other lawyers in their practice of law, to educate and inform the legal community and the general public, and to make reports and recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Association.
- From 2010 to 2014, Sarah was a member of the executive board of the Young Lawyers Division, where she was responsible for planning events, coordinating CLE’s, and supporting the Indianapolis Bar Association, a local organization designed to promote justice and enhance the legal profession.
Co-Chairperson, Go Green Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association, (2010 - 2014)
- To encourage Indy legal professionals to go green, the Green Legal Initiative was developed by the Go Green Committee. This initiative encourages legal businesses, including law practices, legal departments, courts, agencies, legal support services and other members of the community to commit and engage in environmentally responsible business operation.
- Sarah and her co-chair designed a program to incentivize local law firms and corporate legal departments to evaluate their business practices to achieve environmentally sustainable results.
Member of Broad Ripple Village Association
- The Broad Ripple Village Association is a 501c3 not-for-profit community organization serving residents and businesses in Broad Ripple. Founded in 1969, the Broad Ripple Village Association is the oldest and largest volunteer organization actively working on initiatives that enrich the community, attract investment, amplify public spaces, and improve quality of life in Broad Ripple.
Volunteer, Local Political Organizations
- Sarah is a life-long resident of Indiana and grew up in the Indianapolis community. She is dedicated to making Indianapolis an enriching community and has been involved in local and state-wide political organizations which are committed to the causes she
- Keyes: An alternative alternative dispute resolution process, The Indiana Lawyer (2016)
- Litigation by its very nature puts parties in an adversarial position — plaintiffs allege they have been harmed, and defendants argue they did nothing wrong. The focus becomes “winning” over solving the problem. The result then, is someone wins and someone loses. This is not a good position when the desired outcome requires collaboration and buy-in. Read More
Rankings | Awards
- Order of the Barristers, Indiana University School of Law—Indianapolis (2007-2008)
- Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014, 2015, 2016)
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Defense Research Institute
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science in Marketing and International Business, Minor in Spanish (2005)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (2008)
- Indiana (2009)
- US District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- D.C. Court of Appeals