Katie S. Riles
Katie (Cannon) Riles represents businesses and business owners in a variety of matters, including entity selection, formation and governance, shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, and contract negotiation, drafting, and interpretation. Katie also assists individuals in estate and succession planning, business succession planning and other legal matters.
Congratulations to RBE’s 2023 Super Lawyers
Riley Bennett Egloff is proud to announce that eleven of its attorneys were named “Super Lawyers” and six others as...
Closing Mergers and Acquisitions: The Importance of Disclosure Schedules
Having closed dozens of mergers and acquisitions, I’ve yet to encounter anyone who likes preparing or reviewing...
Nineteen RBE Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America 2023
RBE is pleased to announce that RBE attorneys Donald Smith & Eric Hylton were recognized by Best Lawyers as 2023...
Does My Business Need (Or Need To Update) A Buy-Sell Agreement?
When a business has more than one owner, we usually recommend that the owners and the company enter into a buy-sell...
Understanding and Carrying-Out A Loved One’s Wishes and Plans for Incapacity
An injury, accident, or illness can leave a family member or loved one incapable of making decisions, self-care, or...
The Business Entity Harmonization Act in 30 Seconds or Less
As many of our readers are aware, effective January 1, 2018, Indiana Senate Bill 443, known as the “Business Entity...
Is an Indiana Series LLC Right For My Next Business?
On January 1, 2017, Indiana joined thirteen (13) other states in recognizing series limited liability companies...
- "Setting Up a Business", Turner Construction Company (April 2019)
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers in America – Ones To Watch (2023)
- Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by clients and legal professionals as a significant honor conferred on a lawyer by their peers.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana (2015)
- US District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana (2015)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2015)
- Vanderbilt University, Master of Education in Organizational Leadership (2010)
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Science in Human and Organizational Development (2009)
Wholesale & Retail Sales
Food & Beverage Service
Business & Corporate Law
Wills, Trusts & Estates
Business Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Business Entity Selection & Formation
Business Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Succession Planning
Construction Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Real Estate, Land Use & Zoning
Commercial Real Estate & Leasing
Residential Real Estate
Business Contract Disputes
Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
Labor & Employment Law
Business Succession Planning
Probate & Estate Administration