Sarah MacGill Marr
Sarah represents local, regional, and national companies in commercial litigation in Indiana and around the country. She represents clients in all stages of the litigation process, including trial, and has successfully defended claims for breach of contract, tortious interference with contractual and business relationships, alleged product defects, and premises liability.
Sarah concentrates her practice on commercial cases involving business torts and claims for breach of contract, but also often works with product manufacturers to defend claims. Sarah has a particular interest in structured negotiations and other strategies which may help clients avoid litigation. She regularly counsels clients regarding best practices to avoid litigation, including tips for negotiating and drafting their contracts.
Sarah’s undergraduate degree is from Indiana University–Bloomington and her J.D. is from the Robert H. McKinney School of Law: Indiana University. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana, the District of Columbia, and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Volunteer, Dress for Success
- The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Sarah has volunteered as a Personal Shopper as well as a mentor for women entering or re-entering the work force.
Volunteer, Catholic Charities Indianapolis (2016 – present)
- The mission of Catholic Charities Indianapolis is to deliver compassionate and caring service to help and empower those in need.
- Sarah has volunteered on the Spirit of Service Development Committee and continues to support the organization through fundraising activities.
Executive Board, Young Lawyers Division of the Indianapolis Bar Association, (2010 – 2014)
- The purpose of the IndyBar Young Lawyers Division is to stimulate the interest of young lawyers and new members of the Indianapolis Bar Association in the objectives of the Association, to carry on activities which will be of assistance to those and other lawyers in their practice of law, to educate and inform the legal community and the general public, and to make reports and recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Association.
- From 2010 to 2014, Sarah was a member of the executive board of the Young Lawyers Division, where she was responsible for planning events, coordinating CLE’s, and supporting the Indianapolis Bar Association, a local organization designed to promote justice and enhance the legal profession.
Co-Chairperson, Go Green Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association, (2010 – 2014)
- To encourage Indy legal professionals to go green, the Green Legal Initiative was developed by the Go Green Committee. This initiative encourages legal businesses, including law practices, legal departments, courts, agencies, legal support services and other members of the community to commit and engage in environmentally responsible business operation.
- Sarah and her co-chair designed a program to incentivize local law firms and corporate legal departments to evaluate their business practices to achieve environmentally sustainable results.
Member of Broad Ripple Village Association
- The Broad Ripple Village Association is a 501c3 not-for-profit community organization serving residents and businesses in Broad Ripple. Founded in 1969, the Broad Ripple Village Association is the oldest and largest volunteer organization actively working on initiatives that enrich the community, attract investment, amplify public spaces, and improve quality of life in Broad Ripple.
Volunteer, Local Political Organizations
- Sarah is a life-long resident of Indiana and grew up in the Indianapolis community. She is dedicated to making Indianapolis a thriving community and has been involved in local and state-wide political organizations which are committed to the causes that seek to enhance the community.
By: Sarah MacGill Marr - RBE PartnerOnce a fire occurs, the immediate and primary concern of any responding personnel...
One year has passed since the Coronavirus started making headlines in our national and local communities. During the...
In today’s world of fast-paced, electronic communication, nearly every corporation in the U.S. maintains...
Congratulations! You have successfully navigated the small claims court process and have been able to secure a...
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers in America – (2022)
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by clients and legal professionals as a significant honor conferred on a lawyer by their peers.
Order of the Barristers, Indiana University School of Law—Indianapolis (2007-2008)
Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014, 2015, 2018 – Present)
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Business Contract Disputes
Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
Construction Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Insurance Defense / Insurance Coverage
Arbitration / Mediation / Alternative Dispute
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Defense Research Institute
- Indiana (2009)
- US District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- D.C. Court of Appeals
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science in Marketing and International Business, Minor in Spanish (2005)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (2008)