John L. Egloff
John Egloff serves as trusted legal counsel for scores of local, regional and national businesses, providing a full range of legal services with respect to their operational and transactional needs. John’s more than 40 years of experience as a business attorney includes the formation, acquisition, sale and merger of business entities large and small, and the negotiation, drafting and/or review of virtually every type of business agreement and business-related documentation, including real estate and equipment leases and purchase agreements; financing documents (loan agreements, notes and mortgages); private placement memoranda; employment agreements (including non-competition agreements); licensing and franchise agreements; dealership and distributorship agreements; and routine customer and vendor documents (such as purchase order forms and warranty documentation).
John has served as the Firm’s managing partner and has continued to serve on the Firm’s Management Committee.
- Representation of business owners in merger and acquisition transactions ranging in size from a few hundred thousand dollars to $300 million.
- Representation of borrowers in various business financing transactions ranging from $50,000 to $25 million.
- Representation of shareholders/owners in numerous shareholder/owner disputes in companies ranging in size from $250,000 to $30 million in value.
- Representation of entrepreneurs and businesses in private placement transactions of up to $25 million.
- Assisted client in recovery of $1 million from the vendor of defective manufacturing technology.
- Representation of numerous physicians in the negotiation of employment agreements with hospitals and medical groups, and in the sale of physician practices.
- Ongoing representation of national retailer in lease negotiations and related matters involving over 100 shopping centers in six states.
- Representation of landlords of office and retail space in various leasing matters.
Consider the following scenarios – Scenario 1: Mary, Mark, and Melinda are the sole owners of Acme Widget Company,...
A tenant leasing retail, office, warehouse, or industrial space can sometimes find itself in a position where its...
One of the principal motivations for operating a business as a corporation or a limited liability company (“LLC”) is...
Buying a business should not be like buying a used car. While it may be common for someone to buy a used car “as-is,”...
So you’ve decided to start a new business or expand your existing business, and you’ve found the perfect location. ...
- “Counseling the Small Business in Indiana,” National Business Institute.
- “Salary Reduction Plans under IRC Section 401(k) in Benefit Planning,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum;
- “Overview of Employee Benefit Plan Litigation,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
- “Qualified Plans,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum;
- “How to Handle Employee Benefits Litigation,” Indianapolis Bar Association;
- “Employee Welfare Benefits: Insurance, Vacation Pay and Severance Pay,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum;
- “ERISA Liability and Litigation: Statutory and Procedural Overview,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum;
- “Benefits and the Law,” Council on Education in Management;
- “Prohibited Transactions and Fiduciary Liability,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum;
- “Advance Directives and the Right to Die”, Lorman Business Center;
- “Choosing the Proper Business Entity”, Indianapolis Business Journal;
- “Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994”, Indiana Continuing Education Forum;
- “Participant Directed Investments under ERISA Section 404(c)”, Council on Education in Management;
- “Benefits Update,” Council on Education in Management;
- “Contract Drafting Techniques and Standard Provisions,” Indiana Continuing Education Forum
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers in America – (1991 – Present)
- Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by clients and legal professionals as a significant honor conferred on a lawyer by their peers.
- Indiana State Bar Association Presidential Citation (2004)
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are the gold standard in attorney ratings. An “AV” rating is the most prestigious rating.
- Order of the Coif (1978)
- Indiana Super Lawyers (2004 – 2021)
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
- Indianapolis Bar Associations
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section and Law Practice Management Section
- Indiana (1978)
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Indian
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (1978)
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts in Humanities/Pre-Law, with honor (1975)
Food & Beverage Service
Wholesale & Retail Sales
Business & Corporate Law
Real Estate, Land Use & Zoning
Business Contract Drafting & Negotiation
Business Entity Selection & Formation
Business Mergers & Acquisitions
Land Use & Planning
Commercial Real Estate & Leasing
Residential Real Estate