Ryan Leitch represents businesses and business owners including in construction, manufacturing, retail, distributors, software and technology, sales and other service industries in a variety of matters, including entity selection and organization, shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, loan transactions, and general contractual matters. Ryan has substantial experience in representing lenders in large, complex creditors’ rights cases. Ryan also represents individuals in estate and succession planning, business succession planning including Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney and health care designations
and other legal matters.
Ryan served as the Firm’s Managing Partner from 2002 through 2010, and on the Firm's management committee 2011 - 2012.
Ryan has coached numerous youth sports team from 1996-2012, including football, lacrosse, baseball and soccer. Ryan has coached high school lacrosse (both varsity and junior varsity) for three seasons from 2013-2015.
Ryan has also volunteered for the Carmel Dads’ Club. His involvement includes coaching, League or sport Commissioner (5 years), Steering Committee Member (Lacrosse since 2010), and Board of Directors Member (6 years). The Carmel Dad’s Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality sports programs to the youth of Carmel and Clay Townships. Their goals have remained consistent for over 50 years -- They strive to offer a supportive atmosphere where young athletes have fun while gaining self-confidence and learning the values of teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership.
Ryan has served as a member of numerous boards and committees for various not-for-profit organizations, including neighborhood boards, and is also a contributor to various charitable organizations and school programs.
- Represented construction contractors in negotiating contracts, handling lien claims and resolving other construction-related disputes.
- Assisted numerous clients in the administration of trusts and the estate probate process.
- Assisted numerous clients with preparation of their wills and trusts, to accomplish their estate planning goals.
- Prepared numerous estate and business succession plans to assist clients in achieving their objectives, whether it be to pass their businesses on to their children or otherwise.
- Represented numerous business owners in the organization, formation, funding, sale, purchase or merger of their businesses and in the preparation of various types of business contracts and agreements.
- Served as lead counsel for a large hedge fund in a series of complex, multi-million-dollar business workouts and related business transactions.
- Recovered a total of approximately $100 million on behalf of a Fortune 500 client through the enforcement of a series of loan guarantees.
Publications & Presentations
Why You Should Complete (Or Update) Your Estate Plans Today, RBE Blog (2018)
- Regardless of whether you are single or married, have children or not, are working or retired, or have significant assets or none, there are many reasons why you will benefit from creating or updating your estate plans. If you have thought about establishing (or updating) a Will or Trust or other documents but have not taken steps to do so, you are not alone. Statistics show that less than 25% of people who would benefit from the legal or tax aspects of a Will or Trust have them in place. And for those with estate planning documents in place, most haven’t reviewed or updated their plans for years. Planning for your death or incapacity, or that of your spouse, is not easy to think or talk about. However, once the documents are in place and up to date, it will provide you a level of comfort knowing that your current wishes and plans to provide and care for your family and those persons and causes important to you, are in place. This article provides an overview of several estate planning topics and considerations. READ ARTICLE
Do I Need A Will? What Is A Trust? Do I Need To Do Any Estate Planning?, RBE Blog (2017)
- Statistics show that less than 25% of people who would significantly benefit from the tax or legal aspects of Wills or Trusts have them in place. Many of those with estate planning documents haven’t reviewed or updated what they have for years. If you have thought about getting this planning completed (or updated) but not taken steps to do so, you are not alone. The topic is not easy to think or talk about. However, completing this planning and the necessary documentation provides a level of comfort: knowing your wishes and plans to provide for and take care of your family and those persons and causes important to you have been put in place. This article provides an overview of several estate planning topics and considerations. READ ARTICLE
Beyond the Office
Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, coaching and mentoring youth, and playing golf.
Awards & Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell - AV Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are the gold standard in attorney ratings, and have been for more than a century. Attorneys looking to refer a client, as well as individuals researching lawyers for their own legal needs, use these ratings to identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for their legal issue. Combined with the Martindale-Hubbell® Client Review Ratings,self-reported professional credentials and other fact-based performance data, a Peer Review Rating contributes to the comprehensive view of a lawyer and benefits the entire legal community.
Distinguished Fellow of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Each year the Indianapolis Bar Foundation honors individuals for their dedication to the law by bestowing on them the designation of Distinguished Fellow. This small but select group is chosen by the Directors of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation to become Distinguished Fellows as a result of their significant contributions to the legal profession and to our community.
Indiana Super Lawyers (2013 - 2019)
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. (1987)
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science in Finance (1984)
- Indiana (1987)
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court